With increased reporting obligations, robust investigations by HM Revenue and Customs and harsher penalties for non-compliance, your time and resources can be taken up with tax administration. We can relieve your administrative burden while providing effective tax planning that can result in significant improvements to your bottom line.
Corporation tax services
Careful planning of business activities can significantly reduce the corporation tax bill and thus increase retained profits for many UK businesses. We can help with a structured plan to ensure that the maximum available profits stay in your company, and reduce the chance of overpaying Corporation Tax to the HMRC.
Many companies are members of groups or associated by common share ownership, but before setting up such a structure, careful consideration should be given to the potential impact this will have on tax. With differing corporation tax rates, group structures and associated ownership can make this task very complex, requiring specialist advice.
Even with smaller companies, not all shareholders will have the same needs when it comes to extracting value from their company. It is therefore important to structure the company's share capital in the best way and to ensure that tax efficient remuneration packages are designed for the owners.
Other tax saving opportunities may arise when you are considering selling your business. Depending upon the nature of the sale, ensuring the proper company structure before sale can reduce the tax charge considerably. So, if you are considering a sale, please seek professional advice on whether a reorganisation of your company would be beneficial.
Under Corporation Tax Self-Assessment the legal responsibility for correctly calculating corporation tax liability and payment by the due date falls on the directors. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective compliance service which includes:
- Completion of form CT600 Company Tax Return
- Considering the availability of all possible reliefs and allowances
- Calculating the amount of Corporation Tax and date due
- Completion of form CT61
- Advise on quarterly instalments, if required
- Notification of all compliance deadlines
Value Added Tax
Regulations changes and the growing HMRC demands mean Value Added Tax (VAT) compliance can be a difficult administrative process. We will handle your compliance while ensuring that no overpayments are made. Helping you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- assistance with VAT registration
- advice on VAT planning and administration
- use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- help completing VAT returns
- online filing of VAT returns
- planning to minimise future HMRC problems
- negotiation with HMRC; representation at VAT tribunals, as required
Our VAT service brings significant business benefits:
- We reduce your time spent on the administrative burden of compliance
- We can provide UK VAT registration for international businesses
- We fully understand UK legislation; your in-house staff may not
- We can advise on all appropriate VAT procedures
- We are experienced in dealing with outsourced VAT activity
Employment taxes (PAYE and NIC)
Running a payroll can be another administrative burden for a business. We can give your in-house staff advice or, through our Management Support Services, provide outsourced processing of this important but time consuming and complicated activity.
P11D Return of Benefits and Expenses forms
P11D forms are required by the HMRC to report benefits and expense payments made to directors and employees, but not put through the payroll. To help you manage this complicated area of employment taxes, we provide a proven and reliable P11D service that includes:
- completion of P11D forms including P11D(b) Annual Returns
- calculating the Class 1A National Insurance liability
- completing business expense claims linked with P11D forms
- dispensation forms
HMRC tax investigations
Tax investigations can be an intimidating experience and are often avoidable.
If you are about to be the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support. We have extensive experience in dealing with clients falling under the spotlight of HMRC investigation, including Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE.
Many HMRC investigations begin life as general enquiries. If not dealt with promptly and accurately, such enquiries can quickly lead to full tax investigations. An early intervention by us can reduce, or even eliminate this threat.
Want to look at our Personal Taxation advice?