We have specialist tax advisers in income tax, inheritance tax and capital gains tax.
Our expertise and software systems can remove the headaches of your Self Assessment form-filling. To help you, we provide an efficient cost-effective compliance service that includes:
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Checking PAYE codes and making any necessary changes
- Considering the availability of all possible allowances, reliefs and Tax Credits
- Calculating the amount of tax, including payments on account and due dates
- Reviewing and reducing payments on account for the following tax year
- Notification of all compliance deadlines
We can also deal with:
- National Insurance Contributions (NIC) exceptions and deferments
- mortgage references
- student grant forms
- CIS applications
- Working/Child Tax Credit applications
- State Pension forecasts
Personal tax planning
Everyone who is subject to taxation needs professional advice and support if they are to optimise their tax position. We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax positions and the planning opportunities available for income tax, inheritance tax matters and Capital Gains Tax (CGT).
Few of us like to think about dying, but if we wish to protect our wealth for future generations it is vital to plan well in advance to avoid the pitfalls of inheritance tax (IHT) legislation. To minimize the impact of IHT, individuals should review their wills and potential tax exposure on a regular basis. The earlier arrangements are made, the greater the chance of taking full advantage of our complicated tax system.
It is important when planning to transfer an estate that adequate provision is made and getting the right balance requires considerable skill and foresight – along with a detailed knowledge of the current tax regime. We provide a discreet comprehensive estate planning service that includes:
- assessment of potential IHT liability
- help with planning and reviewing a will
- making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- transferring agricultural or business property
- transferring assets into trust
- assisting with arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential IHT liabilities
Capital Gains Tax
Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is payable when an individual, trust or company sells, transfers or gifts property to another party.
Some assets are not liable to CGT. Others are only liable above a certain value. There is an annual allowance, enabling individuals to make small gains on disposals each year, without paying any tax at all. There are also numerous exemptions and reliefs available, but these are complex and require specialist advice.
We have the expertise to advise you on any planned asset sale – to minimize or avoid an unexpected CGT liability. We can also prepare detailed calculations that finalise how much CGT is payable on particular asset disposals.
HMRC tax investigations
Tax investigations can be an intimidating experience and are often avoidable
If you are about to be the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support. We have extensive experience in dealing with clients falling under the spotlight of HMRC investigation, including income tax and CGT.
Many HMRC investigations begin life as general enquiries. If not dealt with promptly and accurately, such enquiries can quickly lead to full tax investigations. An early intervention by us can reduce, or even eliminate this threat.
Want to look at our Business Taxation advice?